Sunday, October 16, 2011

Matthew 18:4

I don't have many words for today except that I feel like I received a taste of the LORD's extravagant love. I still don't quite understand how what happened, happened... A few weeks ago I was given the opportunity by my friend who heads up the youth ministry at Wesley UMC to speak at their youth service @ Wesley UMC. Her only directions were to speak about whatever the Lord has been speaking to me about- if that was Haiti, then "God+Haiti" it would be.

With all that is going on with this trip, it was little surprise that the testimony the Lord has given me for my life story intertwining with Haiti is mostly what came out today.

What I didn't expect was that they youth would bless me with a "love offering" at the end of speaking. What I absolutely didn't expect was that through this group of 20 High School students the Lord would make His financial provision for me to buy a return ticket back from Haiti (I was only able to buy a one way ticket there last week and was trusting that the rest would come). This has been one of the most touching and humbling moments of the Haiti trips so far.

Thank you Lord for these beautiful souls that were willing to be your vessel; thank you for humbling me today and showing me the heart of a child and what it is to give from that kind of heart. Thank you Father for showing yourself strong!!!

1 comment: